WHO WE ARE
Southern’s is owned and run by Jennifer and Eric Bianchi, and was founded in 1993.
Our qualified, experienced instructors and coaches teach at the centre 6 days a week and provide lessons from beginner to advanced levels.
Our grooms are employed from within local communities, with courses given to help empower them with skills needed in the industry.
We aim to grow the sport in our area, offering training to people from all social backgrounds through sustainable programs that provide employment opportunities and a chance for talented equestrian athletes to fulfil their dreams.
We also provide the highest level of service to our human and equine clients, with quality coaching, focused development, and rigorous care.
About Jennifer and Eric Bianchi
Jennifer Bianchi is a successful competitive rider who has competed in dressage, show jumping, and eventing, and has a holistic understanding of the sport, riders’ needs, and horses’ needs.
Her preferred discipline is dressage, but her expertise in horse and rider training, care and development cross into all disciplines.
Jennifer is qualified both locally and internationally and has produced riders and horses at all levels, and has been commissioned by the likes of Seeis Stud to back and produce exceptional and top-level horses.
Jennifer’s Achievements include:
- Level 2 FEI qualified coach
- Founding member and coach of the S.A. Vaulting Association.
- Equestrian Schools Committee Member
- South Region Committee Member and host
- Jennifer has an extensive and in-depth understanding of horse care, backing, rehabilitation, and training, and is an unmatched authority with a commitment to the welfare of all horses entrusted to her care.
- Jennifer is a highly-skilled show organizer and has put together shows aimed at the local community, as well as prestigious events for showjumping and dressage.
Eric Bianchi is the managing director of South Riding Centre. He is also an F.E.I. coach and an International course designer.
His students have represented Inter Provincial bodies at Child, Junior, and Adult level, and many have achieved S.A. Colours in both child and junior classes.
Eric’s Achievements Include:
- Chairman of the South Region
- Gauteng Show Jumping Committee
- Gauteng Vaulting Committee
- Gauteng Course Designers Committee
- Sedibeng Schools Committee
- Chairman: South African Equestrian Association
- International Affairs Officer for the South African National Equestrian Federation.
- Eric was nominated for the S.A.S.C.O.C. award for the best sports administrator by S.A.E.A. in 2016, and was made Vice chairman of Group Nine representing all countries in Southern Africa at the F.E.I. General Assembly.
- He is committed to the development of Equestrian Sport in Africa and gives regular clinics and lectures in developing countries.